Your eyes and the skin around the eyes also show the health of your circulatory and digestive systems. Not only do our eyes reveal our natural radiance and allure, but also lack of sleep, water, and fibre in our diet, too much junk food and too much sun exposure. To take care of all these issues and safeguard your skin, it is important to use an eye serum.
Skin areas around the eyes
The skin around the eyes is very fine and should be treated in a delicate way.
- The skin in the eye socket has very small pores, and it’s the thinnest on our face.
- Blood vessels are only a fraction of an inch away from the surface of the skin, and constant movements of the eye require this skin to be pliable yet taut.
- The skin on the outer sides of the eyes, near your temples, is more similar to the facial skin on your cheeks and forehead.
- It’s prone to easy wrinkling because of the way you smile.
Tips to use Eye Serums
Follow these tips to use eye serums effectively.
- Choose one serum at a time to combat your specific problem.
- Switch serums only when the problem has disappeared.
- Do not use serums unless you have eye specific issues such as sagging skin, discoloration, dark circles, and age issues such as slower cellular turnover, wrinkles, lines and excessive dryness or for protection from pollution.
- Apply in small, circular, upward motion for better penetration.
- Any eye serum product should not be applied to the eye socket area.
- No matter what you choose to make your eyes look brighter and younger, keep the product at least one-quarter inch away from the lash line.
- You may apply a firming eye serum to your brow bone area, but make sure to keep it away from the eyelids.
Finding a good eye serum
Finding a very effective eye serum is not an easy task. Choose the most effective eye serum products based on the ingredients which can help smooth, tighten and diminish fine lines and wrinkles as well as help fade dark circles and puffiness.
Wrinkles under the eyes are the result of various body processes, and your own actions like exposing skin from sun damage, smoking, pollution etc which can be now smoothened by eye serums.